Been and gone..

Just making it in before the month and year end, with not much to say. 

Christmas was good, though somewhat of a whirlwind. Staying in my parents', eating in my aunt's, driving west to my Mum's family and then on to his, before making it back home again.

I ate plenty, I drank enough, I got some of the best presents ever; beautiful earrings, cookery lessons, DVDs, books (including the new Rachel Allen, hurrah!), masses of chocolate and a bottle of Prosecco! 

So we're back home and the tree still smells amazing, even through a full and fuzzy head of cold. A great excuse, if one were needed, to stay in this evening.

New Year's Eve has always been somewhere between not important and painful to me, after spending many years with no one to kiss at midnight and generally hating forced enjoyment. Paying in, queueing, standing, urgh. 

Last year, our first New Year's together, we stayed in, eating picky food from M&S and drinking bubbles. This year I have some of Superquinn's finest cheeses, pâté, and crackers in since Wednesday, and will couple them with some meats and bread to try and outdo the wine bar with the unpronounceable name! 

The last hurrah, before a January of lettuce, carrot sticks and water! Well, maybe not, but certainly a chips and chocolate free one! 

Other resolutions are to smile more, write more, oh and bake more! I think those three should go together nicely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

There’s nothing worse

Roll on..