One down, eleven to go?

January over and not a Christmas tree lying in the back garden disposed of. Only today did I finally remember to put out the green bin containing empty Christmas cracker boxes, wrapping paper inserts and various other seasonal recyclables. 

The month saw the end of the longest cold / flu type thing I’ve ever had and the start of a month working solo while a replacement is found to sit at the other desk. 

Weekends were taken up with a half birthday party for the why-the-hell-not of it, visiting friends London, wandering around Kilkenny and holding a baking class for my friend's 12-year-old’s birthday party.

In between the weekends my moleskine filled up with lunches and dinners, a little bit of culture and plenty of sitting on the couch commentating on the ads and falling asleep during the programmes.

I have slipped on the ironing, but not on the fruit and veg. Alcohol has kept itself to the weekends, chocolate has not. Fish and red meat need some work, but I've read plenty to make up for it.

I've had my first creme egg of the season, I've paid far too much attention to the future of Fernando Torres and far less on the future of our government.

All in all not a bad month, not a bad start. There's a grand stretch in the evenings and the promise of a summer is teasing. 

Comments

  1. Sniggering snottily in a Swedish hotel lobby. Your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware that you could get iron from reading, informative and educational, love it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As my mother would say 'aren't ye very smart!' :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Four years.

There’s nothing worse

Last Sunday